Modems serve a variety of features in control systems, including communicating with I/O devices, providing a connection method for remote VTScada application clients and disseminating messages from the VTScada Alarm Notification System.
Since VTScada handles different types of modems in a different ways, modem management must receive close attention. VTScada needs to be able to determine which of the modems is capable of handling each type of communication and direct modem traffic appropriately.
This process is called modem pooling and it allows VTScada to manage a group (pool) of modems efficiently. When a modem is required for an outgoing voice call from the VTScada Alarm Notification System, the VTScada Modem Manager automatically searches its pool of modems for the next available modem capable of handling a voice call.
The same process is followed for outgoing data calls. Similarly, any pooled modem can be configured to allow or deny incoming voice or data calls.
- Supports modem pooling across servers for improved resource efficiency
- Includes custom Unimodem driver
- Data and VTScada Alarm Notification System requests automatically routed to appropriate voice and data modem(s). No configuration necessary
- Supports dedicated modems for functional application areas
- Supports logging of modem activities
- Graphics show modem events, usage stats and modem status